Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose
Name Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose
Molecular formula: C2H6O2·xCH4O·x
According to the degree of substitution and modification of the substituent groups, they have different chemical properties
White or light yellow powder
100 mesh 98.5% pass, 80 mesh 100% pass
Viscosity (2%, 20℃, Mpa.s)
Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose (HEMC) is a non-ionic cellulose ether made from natural polymer material cellulose after a series of etherification. It is an odorless, tasteless, non-toxic white powder Or particles, soluble in cold and hot water to form a transparent viscous solution, insoluble in general organic solvents, and the dissolution is not affected by the pH value. It has the characteristics of thickening, bonding, dispersion, emulsification, film formation, suspension, adsorption, surface activity, moisture retention and salt resistance.
(1)Water solubility: Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose can be dissolved in water in any proportion, and its maximum concentration depends on the viscosity.
(2) No ionic charge: Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose is non-ionic and does not combine with metal salts and ionic organic matter to form insoluble precipitates.
(3) Surface activity: Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose provides surface activity in the solution to achieve the required emulsification and protective colloids, as well as relative stability.
(4) Water retention: Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose can retain water after absorbing water on the porous surface.
(5) Thickening: The hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose aqueous solution system has thickening properties, and the thickening is related to the viscosity of the product used and the type of compound.
(6) Film formation: Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose can be made into a pure, tough and soft film, and has excellent grease resistance.
(7) Adhesion: Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose can be used as an adhesive for colors, tobacco products, paper, etc. It has excellent functions and can also be used in coatings.
(8) Suspension: Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose can prevent solid particles from settling out, because it can inhibit the formation of sediment.
(9) Protective colloid: Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose can prevent small particles and particles from being clumped.
(10) Emulsification: Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose can reduce the surface and interfacial tension and thicken the water phase, so it can stabilize the emulsion liquid.
(1)In the field of building construction, HEMC is used in mechanized construction such as wall masonry, plastering, caulking, etc. It is suitable for centralized dry-mixing and pre-mixed mortar, which has thickening water retention and cohesiveness, and improves slurry pumpability ；
(2) In the tile adhesive for pasting tiles, marbles, etc., HEMC can effectively improve the bonding strength and reduce the amount of cement;
(3) Among products such as plaster plaster, water-resistant putty, bonding plaster, caulking plaster, etc., HEMC can significantly improve its key properties such as water retention and bonding strength, and has the characteristics of good workability and no cracking;
(4) HEMC is used as a thickening agent in the coating industry, which can make the coating bright and fine, without powder removal, and improve its leveling performance;
(1)Fast dissolution: HEMC is soluble in water and some organic solvents under constant stirring. In case of rapid dissolution, the following methods are recommended: A. Heat the required water to above 85°C, stir continuously and gradually add the product, the cellulose is dispersed in the water, swelled into a slurry, and stirred and cooled until the solution is transparent, that is, it is completely dissolved. B. Heat about half of the required amount of water to above 85°C, keep stirring and add this product to get a slurry, then add the remaining cold water, and stir until it is transparent.
(2) Preparation of porridge-like mother liquor for use: First, HEMC is made into a higher-concentration porridge-like mother liquor (the method is the same as above to slurry), and when using it, add cold water and continue stirring until it is transparent.
(3) Dry mixed use: Because HEMC has excellent compatibility, it can be directly used in dry mixed with cement, gypsum powder, pigments, etc., and achieve the expected effect
Packaging, Storage And Transportation
It can be packed in paper-plastic composite bag lined with polyethylene plastic bag, cardboard drum or plastic coated, etc. The net weight of each piece is 25KG. During storage and transportation, it should be protected from sun and rain, fire and moisture.