Views: 17 Author: Yida Cellulose Publish Time: 15-12-2022 Origin: Site
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is a cellulose variety whose output and consumption have been increasing rapidly in recent years. It is a non-ionic cellulose mixed ether made from refined cotton after alkalization, using propylene oxide and methyl chloride as etherification agent, through a series of reactions. Its properties are different due to the different ratios of methoxyl content and hydroxypropyl content.
(1) Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is easily soluble in cold water, and it will encounter difficulties in dissolving in hot water. But its gelation temperature in hot water is significantly higher than that of methyl cellulose. The solubility in cold water is also greatly improved compared with methyl cellulose.
(2) The viscosity of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is related to its molecular weight, and the larger the molecular weight, the higher the viscosity. Temperature also affects its viscosity, as temperature increases, viscosity decreases. However, its high viscosity has a lower temperature effect than methyl cellulose. Its solution is stable when stored at room temperature.
(3) The water retention of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose depends on its addition amount, viscosity, etc., and its water retention rate under the same addition amount is higher than that of methyl cellulose.
(4) Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is stable to acid and alkali, and its aqueous solution is very stable in the range of pH=2~12. Caustic soda and lime water have little effect on its performance, but alkali can speed up its dissolution and increase its viscosity. Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is stable to common salts, but when the concentration of salt solution is high, the viscosity of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose solution tends to increase.
(5) Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose can be mixed with water-soluble polymer compounds to form a uniform and higher viscosity solution. Such as polyvinyl alcohol, starch ether, vegetable gum, etc.
The price of HPMC cellulose is affected by many factors, such as raw material cost, production level, sales channel.
(1) Raw material cost.
This is very easy to understand. The raw materials for producing HPMC include refined cotton, propylene oxide and methyl chloride, hydrochloric acid and oxalic acid, etc. These raw materials are essential for the production of HPMC cellulose. Then once the price of raw materials on the market rises, the cost of producing HPMC will increase accordingly, and the price of HPMC cellulose will naturally change. This change is also volatile, even producing multiple changes throughout the year.
(2) Production level
Production levels also affect HPMC cellulose prices. Because the same raw materials, different production technologies and production equipment are used, the quality and quantity of HPMC that can be produced will be different. Therefore, the more advanced the production level, the higher the benefits can be produced. Then the price can be lowered due to cost control.
(3) Sales channels
If a company is only a channel provider, not an HPMC manufacturer, then its product price must be much higher than the factory price of similar products. Because as a channel provider, he needs profit margins, which is easy to understand.
If you want to find HPMC at factory price, then naturally you need to find a real HPMC factory.
China is a major producer of HPMC cellulose, and among them, Jinzhou HPMC cellulose is a very representative symbol. Hebei YIDA is a cellulose manufacturer located in Jinzhou. It has a factory area of 80,000 square meters, 16 production lines, and more than 280 employees. The main products are: HPMC, HEC, HEMC, RDP, PCE, gypsum retarder, etc. Chemical admixtures.
Free sample support, free technical guidance, free formula debugging.